Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: "Stranger Than Fiction" thread - Vol.2

Favorite
    Album
    Invincible
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbism View Post
    Niiiiice, were you at one of the seminars ?
    One of my friends on FB told me that one of his friends went, because he had to work, so he gave his ticket. That's apparently one of the tracks that was played.
    You're not meant to do recordings, yet I think some might of, lol.

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrinvincible View Post
    One of my friends on FB told me that one of his friends went, because he had to work, so he gave his ticket. That's apparently one of the tracks that was played.
    You're not meant to do recordings, yet I think some might of, lol.
    Yes haha, snippets of the demos of Streetwalker, Black Or White and Give In To Me leaked

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    So the finality of Sony buying the remaining portion of the ATV catalog from the estate.

If someone wouldn't mind explaining EXACTLY why it's by no means a bad thing? I understand the basics of it what with the money/debt situation and all that, but I'd like to know particulars so I'm not rambling like an idiot if it ever comes up in conversation!

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    You know what's interesting about Sony now owning 100% of the catalog is the possibility that Paul McCartney will now get a chance to get back ownership of those recordings in less than two years (2018 is the year where the copyright on his Beatles compositions is set to expire).
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    So the finality of Sony buying the remaining portion of the ATV catalog from the estate.

If someone wouldn't mind explaining EXACTLY why it's by no means a bad thing? I understand the basics of it what with the money/debt situation and all that, but I'd like to know particulars so I'm not rambling like an idiot if it ever comes up in conversation!
    Maybe the fact that Michael's gone and therefore isn't exactly in a position to benefit either way, plus his kids are hardly looking through bins for scraps as it is, are they?

I really don't get why fans are so obsessed with it... if it had happened when Michael was alive, it would have been seen as a terrible loss of personal prestige and reported as another 'sign' of his sad decline (see the loss of Neverland). If anything, it's better that it eventually happened when he was no longer with us.

As for the specifics, I'm sure someone on MJ Archives (Charles Reed or Jay Leggett?) came up with a great analysis of the long-term financial benefits back when it was all initially reported, but it probably got lost among all of the frothing-at-the-mouth "OMG BRANCA AND MCCLAIN ARE LIVING INCARNATIONS OF THE DEVIL #MJFAMDEFENCELEAGUE" type posts...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (10-03-2016),SmoothGangsta (10-03-2016),TroubleMan84 (10-03-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^^Jay Leggett? You're joking, aren't you?

But this is the WRONG question to ask in the first place since the simple fact is that the MJ Estate could neither buy out or prevent the sale to Sony Music. Michael agreed on that clause in 2006 which is what tied the Estate's hands.

You don't really need to know the ins and outs of the deal or how it benefits the Estate.

And this is an estate that isn't short of money, so who really cares?

Apart from the obsessive nutjobs.

Btw, the Estate got more money back from the deal than Michael or his Estate were ever actually receiving from ATV year on year. If I recall right, the most Michael ever received was $17million in a year. It fluctuated between $12 and $17million.

There's a thread in Anything For News with more info if you really want it.

Info in this thread:

http://historycontinues.com/forums/s...anted+sell+atv
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (10-03-2016),TroubleMan84 (10-04-2016)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    What's happened to Jay? Been a while since I last talked to him, during the initial Wade controversy of 2013. No fallout, just flat out stopped lol

I don't think he's as active in the fan forums as he was in the past.

As for MJ, there was no denial he signed off on that clause to give up the ATV publishing in the near future, dead or alive. It was bound to happen. I guess this year was the expiration date?
    I was a king under your control...

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    When was The Wiz filmed? Can anyone whittle down the dates - if not specific dates, even months?

I've looked this up and can't find anything reliable.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Did Michael Jackson take the intro of Dirty Diana from a horror flick? Or was it the other way around? I ask because I heard it in the 1989 movie "The Horror Show" on Pluto T.V(on the channel Horror 24/7). The movie was made in 89.