Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Weird eBay finds

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Does a Martin Bashir figure come with it?
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyVercetti For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (09-08-2017),POF (09-08-2017),SmoothGangsta (09-10-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyVercetti View Post
    Does a Martin Bashir figure come with it?
    I don't know. I'm awaiting the Mike & Gavin hand-in-hand figures.

Hand in hand where dreams never end
    My star secret friend and me

I think Rod Temperton's to blame and not Martin Bashir.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to POF For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (09-08-2017),MJ_fanboi (09-17-2017),SmoothGangsta (09-10-2017),TommyVercetti (09-08-2017)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by POF View Post
    Such an iconic part of his career. I'm surprised nobody made something like this sooner.
    Girl I wanna groooooove

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (09-10-2017),Killer Queen (09-08-2017),MJ_fanboi (09-17-2017),sweetlovers1224 (06-27-2019)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    Such an iconic part of his career. I'm surprised nobody made something like this sooner.
    Who would buy such sh!t?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POF For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (09-08-2017),SmoothGangsta (09-10-2017),sweetlovers1224 (06-27-2019)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Michael Jackson - Thriller album - analog master tapes - Allen Zentz Mastering Studio

*** It comes with few lines describing the tapes from the engineer who worked in the studio at that time ***

It is probably a unique item regarding the best selling album of all time !
    Theses tapes come from Allen Zentz Mastering Studio as a safety copy.
    They contain the "master tape" version which is pretty different from the final "mastered version" you'll find on all the commercial vinyls, cds, K7s... on the planet !The dynamic range is just fantastic and you'll hear the best selling album like never before : sound exactly like it was when recorded in studio in 1981 with Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien...

Please read the below lines very carefully. Please mail me for any questions.

1 - Description :
    This auction is for a ONE AND ONLY OF A KIND DIRECT TRANSFER FROM THE ORIGINAL 2-TRACK MASTERING TAPES of MICHAEL JACKSON’S "THRILLER" album release.They have been played back a total of 5 times since 1982.
    You won’t believe the sound quality. No way any comparison with anything else you’ve ever heard before. These 2 tapes (sides A &B) have a “punch” and a “depth” that will leave you speechless. But you must be in possession of very high playback system, to hear and realize the true fidelity and resolution on these tapes.

2- Technical aspects
    They are recorded on Ampex Grandmaster 456 stock and are a direct transfer from the original 2-track masters. These tapes are recorded "flat" which means they are a one-to-one tape transfer at 15 i.p.s. (inches per second). The equalization on these tapes is the standard NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) curve where "0" VU is set at 250 nW/meter. They have always been stored "tails out" on their original Ampex 10 inch reels in their original Ampex tape boxes.
    Side one has alignment test tones of 1 KHz, 100 Hz, and 10 KHz at the beginning. It is widely known that Ampex Grandmaster 456 tape stock that is this old, has serious problems with the chemical composition (binder) that ad heres the oxide to the backing, causing the oxide topeel off when the tape is played. Fortunately, these two tapes are inremarkably good condition. The winning bidder will need to utilize a superior 2-track tape machine (like Studer A-80 2-track), in order to safely play these tapes.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jac...-/123533574769

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Looks like the seller ended up. Would’ve been awesome to get.