Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: 29th August 2013 - MJ Raisin, Speed Demon pics & HIStory tour VT info...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A Happy Meal
    Posts
    4,679

    Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    A sincere thanks for everything you've done for this community (both the 'old' MaxJax and MaxJax:HC), Gary, and I wish you the very best in whatever you decide to do next.

    It reminds me of how when I first signed up to the original MaxJax in very late 2009 - the first time I'd ever been on an MJ forum - and one of the first things I saw here was a thread with the title, "Happy birthday, Pompous Git!" and I remember thinking, "who the hell would actually call themselves 'Pompous Git'?" I thought it might have been an insult at first.

    Needless to say that it's been an eventful couple of years since then, but your posts have never been uninteresting and from the start, you were always one of a band of people on the forum from whom I learned a great deal about MJ, back when I knew infinitely less about even the most obvious things, than I do now.

    It's fair to say that it won't be quite the same MaxJax without you. But feel free to drop by at any time, so that I can mock you for shoehorning Bruce Lee into another thread that has seemingly nothing to do with him.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenMcNuggets For This Useful Post:

    Cyrus (09-02-2013),PG13 (08-03-2013)

  3. #12
    Naw. That's truly a shame PG. Sure we've had some little debates on some subjects, but they've always been respectful and mature. I truly say all the best to you, and hope you come back on and check on us now and again. The Stranger Than Fiction thread will be truly hurt! Haha.

    Good Luck.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moon_Walk For This Useful Post:

    PG13 (08-03-2013)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    250

    Favorite
    Album
    Thriller
    It's sad to see you go Gary! I've enjoyed our discussions - some good, and some tense. But hey-ho we are only human! Make sure you pop me a message on FB time to time to see how you are.

    The best thing is Gary your leaving with a BANG - not a silence.

    Thanks for everything you have contributed to the fan community with information, and unreleased footage. Your not a bad fan at all, just someone who has a heart and is human. Heck Michael did bad stuff. Doesn't make him bad at all. As you know, we are all human, and we make mistakes.

    'Remember the time....'

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minimj For This Useful Post:

    ChickenMcNuggets (08-03-2013),PG13 (08-03-2013)

  7. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,156

    Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Quench View Post
    I have to say I was sad when I read the first post on this thread. I'll miss your very grounded posts PG. I remember when I first joined MaxJax, I was appalled at some of the stuff that was said about MJ- it was like I had ran into a brick wall each time I read through various threads. At first I didn't know what that brick wall was and I was confused at how you guys could be criticizing MJ so much. Through some thinking about the discussions said in the old MaxJax and a few disagreements, whether they were in my head or through posting, I realized that brick wall was reality and MaxJax was pulling me down to the reality of who MJ was: a very talented Human Being with flaws like everyone else.

    As a young MJ fan I was quite influenceable especially since I was kind of looking for something pure in a time when everything was losing its innocence and supposedly found it in "perfect" MJ and his music, but you and the good users of old MaxJax and MaxJax now were a great influence that stopped me from becoming one of the crazy sheep instead of thinking for myself. If there's one thing I've learned from MJ's life, it's to be open-minded, search for the truth, and be yourself. Discussions on MaxJax of course were what got me more and more into MJ as a real person so those lessons were simultaneously learned through the MaxJax community so thank you for that.

    Hope to be seeing you around =) And lastly, you're hardly the worst MJ fan ever, you're one of the best with how you dare to criticize I think of it this way, would you want someone who "loves" you and let's you fall down because they think you can do no harm or someone who loves you, but will call you out on your flaws to improve you and potentially leave you if it's for the best?
    Thank you for a very level and honest post there! Your attitude in it really does impress me - and reminds me of something else Bruce Lee once said too. "All knowledge is ultimately Self-knowledge." Like you said, you were initially appalled at some of the things that was said about Michael yet you looked within yourself to find out WHY you felt that way. I might have shared whatever knowledge, opinions and views I had/have, but I cannot give anyone self-knowledge. I merely pointed the way and you did the rest.

    If people on other forums could have just a bit of your attitude and perspective, they would take whatever I posted and use it to find out more about themselves. You and other members of MaxJax are streets ahead - sincere members just don't grow on trees. Don't change yourself for others - only do it for you.

    BTW, I think Krystikel had a similar first feeling when she saw my posts. Hey...she stuck around and came to understand some things about me! Cheers, Barb!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMcNuggets View Post
    A sincere thanks for everything you've done for this community (both the 'old' MaxJax and MaxJax:HC), Gary, and I wish you the very best in whatever you decide to do next.

    It reminds me of how when I first signed up to the original MaxJax in very late 2009 - the first time I'd ever been on an MJ forum - and one of the first things I saw here was a thread with the title, "Happy birthday, Pompous Git!" and I remember thinking, "who the hell would actually call themselves 'Pompous Git'?" I thought it might have been an insult at first.

    Needless to say that it's been an eventful couple of years since then, but your posts have never been uninteresting and from the start, you were always one of a band of people on the forum from whom I learned a great deal about MJ, back when I knew infinitely less about even the most obvious things, than I do now.

    It's fair to say that it won't be quite the same MaxJax without you. But feel free to drop by at any time, so that I can mock you for shoehorning Bruce Lee into another thread that has seemingly nothing to do with him.
    Ha, yes...you joined on the 30th Dec 2009 if I remember right! Birthday of yours truly! My username was a bit tongue in cheek, but definitely more on the literal side at some point!

    Oi, what's Bruce ever done to you??

    Find some time to write about Motown MJ material, will ya?? MISSION CONTROL's History Begins section needs it! ;p

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Walk View Post
    Naw. That's truly a shame PG. Sure we've had some little debates on some subjects, but they've always been respectful and mature. I truly say all the best to you, and hope you come back on and check on us now and again. The Stranger Than Fiction thread will be truly hurt! Haha.

    Good Luck.
    Likewise, Moon_Walk. You're another who's always been a credit to MaxJax as far as I've seen! No doubt you can deal with the questions in Stranger Than Fiction - don't forget to buy "Maestro"! There will be new things to discover in there too.

    I'll drop by every once in a while!

    Quote Originally Posted by Minimj View Post
    It's sad to see you go Gary! I've enjoyed our discussions - some good, and some tense. But hey-ho we are only human! Make sure you pop me a message on FB time to time to see how you are.

    The best thing is Gary your leaving with a BANG - not a silence.

    Thanks for everything you have contributed to the fan community with information, and unreleased footage. Your not a bad fan at all, just someone who has a heart and is human. Heck Michael did bad stuff. Doesn't make him bad at all. As you know, we are all human, and we make mistakes.

    'Remember the time....'
    Here's to keeping it real, Ryan! You know who's BAD! Write another few MJ articles - likethe glove one you mentioned or the Charlie Chaplin one! I'm sure someone will put it in MISSION CONTROL for you - the Music & Michael part can do with some more!

    And a nice 'bang' it is too! Oops, that sounds well dodgy! LOL!

    Man...you lot are a credit to the community and to MJ no matter what anyone says. Keep on honestly expressing yourselves and everything else will take care of itself!

    "Don't ever stop 'til you get enough..."

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

    Minimj (08-05-2013),Moon_Walk (08-05-2013)

  9. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Posts
    903

    Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    BTW, I think Krystikel had a similar first feeling when she saw my posts. Hey...she stuck around and came to understand some things about me! Cheers, Barb!
    LOL It wasn't even anything about Michael, if I recall correctly - I think it was a comment in response to something I said. I don't even recall what it was now, but I do remember being very put off and thinking, "What an ASS!" Haha! Then I learned how you are and that it was nice to yell at you occasionally... and have Angie yell at you a bit more... and sometimes to simply just ignore you. LOL


    ~ "Life should be harmony in this world of self-destruction..." - MJ ~

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

    PG13 (08-05-2013)

  11. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,156

    Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    It was something I said about "Jacko" as I recall. My memory is so good I could probably recreate most of my threads if I could be bothered!

    Yeah, I said Michael was silly to focus on that when he was called far worse and there was nothing wrong with "Jacko". Must finish that article - constant stop, start.

  12. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    France
    Age
    47
    Posts
    380

    Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    sad news I don't know you since a long time but I always appreciated all your posts. It's a shame if some persons had criticized you because you dare to criticize Michael. He was a human being as us, he made mistakes as us. My english is not so good to explain how some fans are FANATICS and they lost their own opinion and cant understand that Michael was not perfect
    I wish you the best and thank you for all you have done !

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to sabe For This Useful Post:

    PG13 (08-05-2013)

  14. #18
    I'd imagine this post, and subsequently my account will be deleted/banned soon..

    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    I think I also struggled the most out of the whole MaxJax Team to adjust, adapt and accept what Greg Spinks and Christina Wickens did. I think you guys would be very surprised how none of us saw that coming and how there was no bad feeling there - that we knew of. He left us in July 2011, we heard nothing from him and in January 2012 he yanked everything while lying about the domain name expiring which he said caused the data to be lost. It didn't - he simply took the 1s from 1&1.co.uk in the DNS address part, so no one could get on. Daniel had been paying the server for those months and I know Barb donated a lot of money as well, so it was a huge betrayal for him to do that. Funny thing is, he left us with lovely words for all of us - he clearly never meant any of it.
    You most likely heard a few things from me - and the fact that I needed and would be on a semi-permanent break yet still retaining my founder status (unlike Chell or Marni which had left completely). An assumption of no bad feeling, I'm sure - I did mean what I said actually, but that's your opinion.

    I honestly don't recall telling you or others that the reason for any data being lost was because of a domain expiring? In fact - As far as I'm aware, no data was lost? I was specifically told and informed that the data was correctly backed up but was unrestorable by yourselves, and a professional was being sought after.. Ample opportunity was given to take any data, especially when Daniel still had full access.

    I had no reason to lie, and still don't to this day. Money? That's a bit rich coming from you. Recall the early days when I'd be paying your share because you had no money? I do. I took it on the chin and would get random payments to 'help' with the cost. The bill ultimately was always footed by me, Daniel, Chell and Marni for the most part. Not saying there wasn't a valid excuse for money not being given, or in the latter months just being late - but still ample that you forgot that in order to make me seem like a soulless ass hole to prove your point.

    If any upfront cost was made for the hosting or server that I was unaware of for months past Janurary by Daniel or others, then let me know and I will reimburse you. From my records, the server was on a monthly basis and the contract ended on the monthly renewal date. Well, that's just your opinion. If I never meant what I said, those 'lovely' words, then yes - that is your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    While he was part of the team for those 4 years, he allowed 3 people to abuse his Founders account and they snooped around the Founders Lounge. Where we kept our personal info and discussions (health-related, etc), so those people got banned. The last one to do just that was Christina Wickens aka Majic who he was 'engaged' to. Greg was too chicken to ban her account himself and stayed away from all of us for 6 days before leaving, so we had to ban her account ourselves.
    Allowed? That paints a very different picture of what actually happened - especially as I was unaware of two of those such incidents until they had already happened. 3? I'd love to know who the 3rd 'person' was?

    Please do feel free to expose the 'truth' and elaborate on that. From what I recall, that was to stick up for herself as she had seen the disgusting ways she had been spoke about in front of me, and behind her back, no? Again - feel free to elaborate, Gary - I remember it very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Karma though visited him. He and Christina split up a year later. And I have not even told the FULL story here at all, but this will do as a glimpse. It was nothing what idiots on MJJC made it out to be.

    But I freely and honestly admit I found that whole thing hardest to take. Only one person stood between me giving him a pasting - my wife. And thank God she did cos he wasn't worth it.

    I remember the good times and the many awesome members we had. And still do. In my view, those who came back to support us on MaxJax:HIStoryContinues and those who joined us for the first time are the best members I've ever seen! Honestly. You guys can really create something great here with Barb, Gavin, AJ and everyone else. There's no reason why you all can't make an incredible community!
    Karma? One day, I'm sure if you believe in such a thing - it will visit you, too You're more than welcome to speak your opinion. Please do tell the full story Gary, instead of threatening it over, and over again. To be honest, I have better things to do than sit here on a Monday night and feel the need to reply to such a useless post - yet here I am.

    Took it the hardest? You've no idea how hard it was for me, either. Whilst I was defending myself, and dealing with threats and the crap from you - dealing with the loss of the community that had been a part of me for so many years, I was grieving from my brother dieing in a fatal motorbike accident from 3 days previous. Don't assume there's nothing going on in others life's unless you can walk in their shoes. You treated me and others like a fermented piece of crap for such a long time - please don't make out that I am the devil incarnate, because I assure you - I am not. I have feelings, I cut - I bleed.

    Gary - come on. Don't kid yourself. It took your wife to stand in your way to give me a 'good pasting'? .. I however, am 26 and have better and bigger things to do with my life than fight with a man that's supposed to be 10 odd years older than I am. If you ask me, that's a little.. sad.

    Not something you'd want to hear, or read - I'm sure, but it may surprise you that had you of been measured and tested by the very rules and policy that you, me and others set forward on MaxJax - You would have been punished, if not banned a long, long time ago.. Just a bit of feedback there. I know I'm not the only balanced head that would, and have agreed with that one.

    'Will you be brave enough to face me properly, Greg? No hiding behind a computer screen...'
    Unlike you, obviously - I'm more than happy settle issues through words - not through anger and fists. You obviously don't attest to airing your dirty laundry here, but would rather it was just your opinion and nobody elses. There was mine.

    http://www.maximum-jackson.com/truth.html - I still stand by what I wrote here. I have no beef with anyone. If anything - I'm living a happy and free life and wish everyone the best. Honestly. For all those involved - it seems a sterling job has been done here and I see no numpties running around causing havoc.

    Willing to discuss this further with you - though I'm not going to exchange pointless, childish threats with you. I've got far better things to do with my time.

    Best,
    - Greg / smooth-c
    Last edited by sc1987; 08-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.

  15. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    U.K.
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,925

    Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    ^^ I really did not agree that the best place to bring ANY of that old stuff up was in a thread like this. Whether certain members of old staff have split up, or whatever, is irrelevant and I didn't agree with that part being mentioned. Seems pointless, even bitter. Don't bring me into it, guys. I moved on from worrying about all that a long time ago. Max Jax mark II has been around for well over a year now, time to put all the other stuff to bed and move on. I certainly have. I do wish it was never mentioned in this thread. That's all I will say.

  16. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,156

    Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by sc1987 View Post
    I'd imagine this post, and subsequently my account will be deleted/banned soon.. That, or replied to in such a way where obviously again - whoever questions is 100% wrong.
    You know full well that decisions are always taken as a team and still are.

    You most likely heard a few things from me - and the fact that I needed and would be on a semi-permanent break yet still retaining my founder status (unlike Chell or Marni which had left completely). An assumption of no bad feeling, I'm sure - I did mean what I said actually, but that's your opinion.
    No, you most certainly did not tell any of us you were planning to pull the old forum at all. You did say you were leaving permanently in July 2011, said a few nice words to each of us and left. We never heard another word from you until end of January 2012 - I definitely didn't. As far as I was concerned, we had cleared the air between us before you even less and I had apologised for the argument you and I had at the time.

    I honestly don't recall telling you or others that the reason for any data being lost was because of a domain expiring?
    You certainly did tell me that. However, I have since deleted that thread of text messages and I no longer have my old e-mail address.

    In fact - As far as I'm aware, no data was lost? I was specifically told and informed that the data was correctly backed up but was unrestorable by yourselves, and a professional was being sought after.. Ample opportunity was given to take any data, especially when Daniel still had full access.
    I'm sure Daniel can clarify that he had no opportunity to save any data at all since he was working on a farm with no internet access. Neither I, the rest of the Team or the MaxJax members even had notice. Everyone tried logging on to...nothing. You simply took the two 1s out of the DNS address.

    I had no reason to lie, and still don't to this day. Money? That's a bit rich coming from you. Recall the early days when I'd be paying your share because you had no money? I do. I took it on the chin and would get random payments to 'help' with the cost. The bill ultimately was always footed by me, Daniel, Chell and Marni for the most part. Not saying there wasn't a valid excuse for money not being given, or in the latter months just being late - but still ample that you forgot that in order to make me seem like a soulless ass hole to prove your point.
    Yes, in 2008 I did struggle financially. I told you that, true. Unlike me, you did not and do not have the financial responsibilities of paying for kids. Makes a difference. I certainly sent what I could even if it was 5. These days I have a mortgage.

    However, you still left in 2011 and publicly announced it. So, why then do what you did in 2012? Like I said, as far as I was concerned you left us on good terms and we resolved whatever issues there were. That still does not change the fact that you took the old forum away without warning even after Daniel and Barb had paid a fair amount of money. When you say you're going to leave, you go and don't wait a few months to take it down.

    If any upfront cost was made for the hosting or server that I was unaware of for months past Janurary by Daniel or others, then let me know and I will reimburse you. From my records, the server was on a monthly basis and the contract ended on the monthly renewal date. Well, that's just your opinion. If I never meant what I said, those 'lovely' words, then yes - that is your opinion.
    You were not the one who was paying the server after you left in July 2011 - I'm sure Daniel can clarify that one since he was handling it due to his experience with it. Your actions betrayed your words - you didn't mean it.

    Allowed? That paints a very different picture of what actually happened - especially as I was unaware of two of those such incidents until they had already happened. 3? I'd love to know who the 3rd 'person' was?
    You were apologetic after the first two - Matt ('graphix' mod) and then Malc (friend of yours as I recall). Lastly, but not least was Christina Wickens.

    Please do feel free to expose the 'truth' and elaborate on that. From what I recall, that was to stick up for herself as she had seen the disgusting ways she had been spoke about in front of me, and behind her back, no? Again - feel free to elaborate, Gary - I remember it very well.
    No-one spoke in a "disgusting way" about Christina while you were part of the team and before you did what you did. The database is corrupted and I certainly don't have the money to recover it. If I did, I would make everything on it freely available.

    To be honest, I have better things to do than sit here on a Monday night and feel the need to reply to such a useless post - yet here I am.
    Then you do not have better things to do. Certainly at the time in 2011 I would have gone to Bristol. Would not have been too difficult for me as I know the area as you must know. Being honest and direct with you, that's how I felt at that time. Let me emphasise that I am glad my wife made me see sense through my anger. I'm not ashamed of that at all. I'm ashamed I felt that way at the time, but I did not act on it.

    Took it the hardest? You've no idea how hard it was for me, either. Whilst I was defending myself, and dealing with threats and the crap from you - dealing with the loss of the community that had been a part of me for so many years, I was grieving from my brother dieing in a fatal motorbike accident from 3 days previous. Don't assume there's nothing going on in others life's unless you can walk in their shoes. You treated me and others like a fermented piece of crap for such a long time - please don't make out that I am the devil incarnate, because I assure you - I am not. I have feelings, I cut - I bleed.
    I did not threaten you multiple times - I did ask if you were man enough to face me and come out from behind the computer screen. True, but no more than that. Defend yourself? You were merely called a coward three times on MJJC and that's it. You're not the only one who has lost a relative in recent years - that's life.

    However, I accept there were times when you felt I treated you harshly. I was abrasive, direct and very blunt - that's how I was. And I can see how I came across to you - looking back. It was never personal for me even if you might have taken it personally.

    Gary - come on. Don't kid yourself. It took your wife to stand in your way to give me a 'good pasting'? .. I however, am 26 and have better and bigger things to do with my life than fight with a man that's supposed to be 10 odd years older than I am. If you ask me, that's a little.. sad.
    That was then - I was honest with that. That's not NOW. I'm not who you think I am these days, but I am still honest, direct and expressive. That's why I mentioned that - after you did what you did, things were bad. Very bad. Much better now.

    These days, it simply saddens me that you could not (would not?) tell myself, Marni, Dan, Angie, etc, you planned on closing the old site abruptly. Marni was still in touch with all of us. You doing what you did was not universally agreed on by everyone - they disagreed with the way you did it.

    Not something you'd want to hear, or read - I'm sure, but it may surprise you that had you of been measured and tested by the very rules and policy that you, me and others set forward on MaxJax - You would have been punished, if not banned a long, long time ago.. Just a bit of feedback there. I know I'm not the only balanced head that would, and have agreed with that one.
    The old forum had far too many rules. A load of them were nonsense - I objected to most of them anyway. I don't deny that the way I had been did, in fact, make things difficult for the Team as a whole. I'll be honest with you here, for a long time I couldn't see how I was behaving. Couldn't see it. These days, I take a more bigger picture view.

    Unlike you, obviously - I'm more than happy settle issues through words - not through anger and fists. You obviously don't attest to airing your dirty laundry here, but would rather it was just your opinion and nobody elses. There was mine.
    Again, you don't know me and you still have 'Pompous Git' in mind. That was then - THIS is now. I'm more than happy to settle issues through words also. I freely admit I caused headaches in my time and my username PG13 reflects a more toned down side. I'll be entirely honest and direct with you.

    Willing to discuss this further with you - though I'm not going to exchange pointless, childish threats with you. I've got far better things to do with my time.
    When you're ready, send me a PM and we can discuss a few things. I'd like to resolve any issues before I take my final bow at the end of August. Then we can move on with our lives knowing we did what we could to address issues.

    I'll tell you this - I know I'm the reason you took the old forum down. I know it wasn't KQ, Dan, Marni, Barb, AJ, etc. I know that because of what you said once. The rest of the Team did not deserve you taking it down with no notice nor did they deserve the online bullying they got. The MaxJax members definitely deserved a chance to save their posts.

    I, on the otherhand, was willing to take the abuse. I make no bones about it. I know I was the one people had a problem with. At the same time, it was never personal on my part. That's all I will say on that. I was not a saint...but I am not the demon some have made me out to be. I still share things I've been given for free.

    Like I said, feel free to send me a PM. I encourage people to be honest, authentic and totally expressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •