Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Timberlake

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory

Justin Timberlake

(I hate starting new threads because I'm always afraid I missed the original one in a search! )

Anyone fans of Justin Timberlake? Personally, I like him quite a bit. I don't care for much of the Justified album (especially Rock Your Body, Senorita and Like I Love You) but I adore the FutureSex/LoveSounds album. Justin has expectations pretty high with his new song Suit & Tie; not exactly groundbreaking but still an old-school jam.

Thoughts on JT?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

PrinceChristian (01-19-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Fan of him too, was hoping he would go back to music (Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds are brilliant albums). My favourite is Last Night.
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyVercetti For This Useful Post:

PrinceChristian (01-19-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Wow, a blast from the past! I remember the old days in the early '00s... MJ messageboards were FILLED with hate for JT. Now people have moved on and hate the other Justin instead (of the Bieber variety!)

I really liked Justified, actually. I felt like such a rebel for admitting that on the old MJ boards back in 2003. What Goes Around and Cry Me A River were great songs, and I did have a soft spot for Like I Love You and Love, Sex, Magic.

Haven't heard anything muscially from JT in a while. Isn't he more into the acting side of things these days?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killer Queen For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (02-17-2013),Bliss (01-14-2013),PrinceChristian (01-19-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    KQ, there is a new song that has appeared online called Suit & Tie. I can't say much on his movies, only seen Shrek The Third!
    It's a traaaap! - Admiral Ackbar

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyVercetti For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (01-14-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I have a copy of Justified, My favorite songs are most of the ones KQ mentioned. I think Justified was the only album of his I payed attention to.
    I even liked him when he was part of N'sync
    I did not create this signature

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bliss For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (01-14-2013),PrinceChristian (02-11-2013)

11. I had a copy of Justified too in 2004! I love Justin Timberlake and always have. His past two albums have done really well so I've been waiting for so long for him to make a comeback and finally he is! My favorite songs of his is Cry Me A River and the I Think She Knows interlude. I think everybody can agree that that interlude was wayyy better than LoveStoned!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xHumanNaturex For This Useful Post:

TommyVercetti (01-14-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Queen View Post
    Wow, a blast from the past! I remember the old days in the early '00s... MJ messageboards were FILLED with hate for JT. Now people have moved on and hate the other Justin instead (of the Bieber variety!)

I really liked Justified, actually. I felt like such a rebel for admitting that on the old MJ boards back in 2003. What Goes Around and Cry Me A River were great songs, and I did have a soft spot for Like I Love You and Love, Sex, Magic.

Haven't heard anything muscially from JT in a while. Isn't he more into the acting side of things these days?
    Hmm, that hate would have been interesting to see... I definitely like this Justin over that one.

Justin will always hold a special place in my childhood because of his song Sexyback. After going to a small Catholic school for elementary, I went to the hell that is public middle school. Hearing that song at the school dances and on the radio made me feel so awkward and at the same time opened me up modern pop music where every song was about sex (or maybe I noticed it because I had had the talk finally).

I like most of the singles he's released like Rock Your Body, Lovestoned, and What Goes Around, but I haven't really bothered to check out anymore songs by him. The snippet of Suit & Tie sounds promising. There are some singers I just expect a nice tune from and if they deliver, well done.

EDIT: Loved that Hallelujah duet he did with that other guy for Haiti.
    There's only one Thriller and I ain't talkin' 'bout thee album...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quench For This Useful Post:

Killer Queen (01-15-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I've seen him in concert twice. He puts on a great show. Both of his albums were sick, but Future Love/Sex Sounds was the better of the two. I like Justin a lot for the same reason people used to put him down back in the day...the Michael Jackson influences. His second album was more Prince inspired..musically it sounded like an updated version of 1999, but Justin still layered his harmonies and sung the falsetto like Michael.

I'm a fan of the last N'Sync album, Celebrity. That's when Justin started showing how soulful he could be with the falsetto crooning and all that. I like the R&B vibe of that album. It makes me wonder what N'Sync's follow-up album would have been. I liked the R&B direction they were moving in.

As for his new song, I'm not impressed. Then again, I felt the same way about Sexyback. I think JT is taking the "Michael Jackson" approach of releasing the weak singles first and then bombarding you with hits later.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jam2008 For This Useful Post:

AlwaysThere (01-17-2013),PrinceChristian (01-19-2013),TommyVercetti (01-17-2013)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    I am a big fan! And i'm so glad that he's back! xD

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyVercetti View Post
    Fan of him too, was hoping he would go back to music (Justified and FutureSex/LoveSounds are brilliant albums). My favourite is Last Night.
    Last Night is amazing! I love both albums and I haven't heard his new song all the way through, but I'm excited to. I also have his concert DVD, which I enjoy thoroughly. Justin is a good artist with a good sense of humor to boot.