Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson (Re: Bush/Tompkins Clothing)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad

Announcement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson (Re: Bush/Tompkins Clothing)

Hello!

The Estate wants Michaelís fans to know that a number of items that were in the possession of Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins - currently part of the exhibition for Michaelís book, The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson - will NOT be sold in an upcoming December 2 auction.

Michael Bush agreed with the Estate that some of the most iconic pieces needed to be preserved as part of Michaelís legacy and, following the conclusion of the exhibition, they will be delivered to the Estate.

Bush made this announcement on his Facebook page yesterday:

ďFriends, I have been profoundly touched by the outpouring of love and admiration for Michael Jackson that I have been able to witness during the launch of the book King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson. The book features the many fashions of Michael Jackson that I had the great pleasure of working on or creating during my almost 25 years of working with the greatest entertainer of all time. Although some of the items that Dennis and I have collected over the years will be auctioned by Julienís Auctions on Sunday, December 2nd at Julienís Auctions in Beverly Hills, I have decided to gift several of the costumes originally marked for auction to the Estate of Michael Jackson so that they can be preserved by the Estate as part of Michaelís legacy for many years to come. I recognize the historical significance of these costumes and even though some of them were personalized and gifted to me by Michael Jackson, I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to share these items with the fans with the recent exhibitions and some of the items are to be part of the permanent collection of the Estate.Ē - Michael Bush, fashion designer and author of The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson.

If you want to read the full statement on his page, it can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/michael.l.bush.35.

Best Regards,

MJ Online Team

~ "Life should be harmony in this world of self-destruction..." - MJ ~

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (11-08-2012),Different Kind Of Lady (11-10-2012),DingBat (11-15-2012),Quench (11-08-2012),This Is It (11-09-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    Beaver dam! I thought it could be something about an album release... oh well, kind if foolish of me to think this way considering the Bad 25 documentary hasn't been released here in the U.S.
    There's only one Thriller and I ain't talkin' 'bout thee album...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quench For This Useful Post:

HarleyQuinn (11-09-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    I get the impression more that Bush did this to appease those forums and groups that had been basically bashing him for ages about selling the items which are/were his personal belongings given to him by MJ. One should never bow down to mindless cyber bullying.
    "Because we do not know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even concieve of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." - Brandon Lee

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PG13 For This Useful Post:

ChickenMcNuggets (11-09-2012),DingBat (11-09-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    HIStory
    That's very nice of him to do something like that, they are his property though. Im sure the Estate is giving him something for them though.

Favorite
    Album
    Off The Wall
    I'm not really on other forums so I don't know exactly what other people have been saying, but I hope he hasn't been guilt-tripped by fans into doing this. If they're his possessions, he has every right to do what he wants with them... maybe the Estate could have bidded for them in the auction and the proceeds could have gone directly to one of Michael's favoured charities, or something. That way, everybody wins?

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    ^^ It's been nuts on facebook. People have been hounding him directly on there about it. One of the things I have seen said is that Karen Faye claimed MJ didn't gift them to Bush/Tompkins, but they were just holding the items for him so that he could someday open a museum for the clothing. I personally don't know how true it is as to her saying that since I've only seen people say she said that; I've not seen her direct remarks. Even if she did say that I wouldn't know that I would believe her over MLB - she doesn't have a track record of being completely honest about things MJ-related. *sigh*

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

DingBat (11-15-2012),PG13 (11-26-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Thriller
    Well to be honest. Bush could easily remake the costumes, and say they were worn by Michael and sell them on.

To be honest. BUSH created them. He can do what he wants with them.

People should be grateful he has travelled the world so that fans can come and see them. His book is out of this world. Diagrams, unseen costumes. Different colour designs.

For example; If Michael had his own way the Dangerous thong would have been LIME GREEN.. before gold was used.

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimj View Post
    Well to be honest. Bush could easily remake the costumes, and say they were worn by Michael and sell them on.
    He could... but I seriously doubt he'd ever do that.

To be honest. BUSH created them. He can do what he wants with them.
    That is very untrue. Just because he created them does not mean he owns them. He can only do what he wants with them if MJ indeed gifted them to him. If what fans are claiming Karen said is true (and as I understand things), then the outfits were only to be held by Michael Bush (aka MLB) and Dennis Tompkins until a museum could someday be established. If they were just holding the items for MJ then the clothes would belong to the MJ estate and not MLB. I think that is what has some fans in an uproar. However, unless there is a written contract that explains all of what some fans are claiming then I would assume there is no way to prove anything and the Estate would be going by MLB's word.

People should be grateful he has travelled the world so that fans can come and see them. His book is out of this world. Diagrams, unseen costumes. Different colour designs.

For example; If Michael had his own way the Dangerous thong would have been LIME GREEN.. before gold was used.
    I do want to get the book. Perhaps that can be my Christmas present to myself. lol I'd love to go to one of the signings Michael has been doing but I've not yet seen him come anywhere close enough.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

DingBat (11-15-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Dangerous
    Fans have basically been giving him the same treatment as Murray over this whole silly thing. Most of the costumes he owns are second or third copies of the original. Michael owned/gave away most of the originals, but he did wear the other copies depending on the circumstances.

All in all, the level of care I have for this stupid crap now is so low that I'm not even sure why I'm commenting. Some fans are so thirsty for drama that they're attacking anybody. Shameful.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thankyoufortheparty For This Useful Post:

Cyrus (11-13-2012),krystikel (11-10-2012)

Favorite
    Album
    Bad
    ^^ Agreed. I was shocked at the way some fans have been talking about/to Michael Bush. It's completely uncalled for. The way I see it, it doesn't matter if Karen or the fans think MLB was 'holding' the items for MJ to make a museum for them... what matters is what happens between MLB and the Estate. I personally think that if the Estate was overly concerned about it then they'd have done something by now to stop the auction. I've heard nothing about their involvement aside from the announcement that some of the outfits will be donated. That says to me that MLB is within his rights to sell the items if he so chooses. *shrug*

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krystikel For This Useful Post:

Cyrus (11-13-2012),DingBat (11-15-2012),PG13 (11-26-2012),thankyoufortheparty (11-10-2012)